Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

Ok....

So the infamous childrens book, "Where the Wild Thing Are," is now a movie. I am still skeptical on how they pulled off making a 10 sentence book into a full length movie.

As a child, this book was read to me in school I don't even know how many times... quite frankly, I don't know who hasn't heard of this book. I don't remember to much about it, except a boy gets in trouboe and that the illustrations in the book of the monsters scared me.

So I checked out the movie trailor. I am not sure if I will end up seeing this film or not... my guess is probobaly not, unless I get stuck taking my niece to see it.

In the trailor, the costumes for these "monster" characters in the film were not scary, compared to what I remember about the the illlustrations in the book. I think the costumns looked very cool and portraye d these monsters well. What I did like about the trailor was the scope in which they decided to film the movie. I like how they used a more "realistic" feel (using people and costumns) verses an animated cartoon route. What I also like about the trailor were the story lines such as "Inside all of us is hope, inside all of us is fear..inside all of us is adventure.... Inside all of us is a Wild Thing."

Though the trailor looked interesting, I do not have the ergue to see the movie. Maybe if I was a child again I would. I just don't think that this movie will have a point to it because the book is based off of imagination. The story line of the book , "Where the Wild Things Are," is about a little boy that gets sent to his room for running around the house. He falls asleep and dreams of an adventure. So I really can't picture what direction the movie would go because that would be left to the producer. I did like the music in the trailor though howevr, I will not be seeing the movie.

HERES THE LINK FOR THE TRAILOR FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NOT SEEN THE TRAILOR YET:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RowGJtytQRE&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment