Monday, January 12, 2009

Cheers to a new year!

They say that the road to success is always under construction; that one must have long range goals to keep from becomming fustrated by short-range failures. Either way you want to absorb that statement, it is true. A new year has begun and for many people, their new year brings a clean slate. For me, it's not reflecting on the past year and beating myself up on things I could have done better, things I never did or forgetting the year ever happened. For me, a new year always reminds me of another opporutunity or chance to accomplish goals or desires. Whether its simple things like getting an "A" in a course or over comming obstacles that life might unexpectedly throw at you this year. I believe that everybody can achieve and succeed what they want in life. Like alot of people I always want instant change and results, but what's the fun in that? Like most people I have a fear of failure but, I have come to realize that failure is a very good thing... sometimes. How can a person learn or grow if they have never failed at anything in their life? Wouldn't life be such a bore if nothing were a challange and everything was a breeze? Failure is not always encouraging, but in the end it makes some work that much harder and ultimatly, is probably one if the biggest motivators I have ever met! Failure has the tendency to make people gain a strive and motivation from within like they never thought possible. There are alot of successful people in this world that had to fall before reaching their goals. Nobody is perfect in this world and it's impossible to avoid failure sometimes. So if you get knocked down and discouraged on your personnel road towards success just remember.... the road to success is always under construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment